.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drexel CoAS talks mp3 podcast Subscribe with Bloglines

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Google Co-op Workshop

Here is the Jan 29, 2007 Google co-op workshop that I ran at Drexel. The first half is an overview of free online educational materials that can be used as resources for teaching. In the second part I demonstrate how these can be used in an organic chemistry class and how to build custom search engines to ensure that students find only material validated by the teacher. In another example I show how a search engine for funding sources could be created.

The examples are available on this wiki and anyone is invited to contribute. Most of the Google co-op links are also open to the public for contributions.

Audio (mp3)
Screencast (Flash, best quality)
Screencast (video iTunes compatible m4v)

Powerpoint

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Thank you, Jean Claude,
    for bringing google co-op to my attention. I have been collecting links to open access journals and books for nursing and online-learning for a little while.
    (see Little Open Library)

    Listening to your podcast gave me the idea to add the google co-op custom search engine to search just the open access journals and books I collected for each topic. Now I have a small searchable full text library. Great!

    Thanks again - Ulrich

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License